Wednesday, June 6, 2012

2012 Not-Quite Semi-Annual Post

Okay, so 2012 has gone by so quickly, and sadly I have not been posting even though many exciting things have been happening.  So let's start at the beginning...

JANUARY
Grandma B and Grandpa came to visit from New York.  Which apparently I have no pictures of, but it was wonderful to see them, and I'm sure we had a really great time.

FEBRUARY
Grandma and Zee came to visit for Ally's Cowboy Baby Shower.  The shower turned out wonderful, and we all had a great time!  (Im still trying to track down these pics.)
On Huntington Pier.
I'm sure Grandma will be very happy with this picture.
Cousin Sawyer was born February 13.

February 14 we found out we are having a baby of our own!

MARCH
Cousin William was born March 21.
Ben got Grandpa on Skype as we waited in the hallway to hear the news.

First things, first...
 Grandma came to stay when baby William got home from the hospital, but we were a bunch of sickies so we didn't get to see much of her.

APRIL
April 7th I took the plunge, and I chopped 12 inches off my hair and donated it.  I was a little shell-shocked afterward, hence there are no pictures; but it has since grown a little, and I am very happy I did it.  Yay for easy short hair!

Elliott was excited for Easter...after I asked him if he wanted to see if the Easter Bunny had brought him any treats... and once he opened the first egg and found jelly beans.
Cooking French toast
Easter Egg Hunt...


 Grandma B and Grandpa came from New York for Baby Sawyer's Blessing on April 22nd.   This we have pictures of.


We read lots of books.
Fox in Socks proved to be a bit of a challenge for Grandma B.





All tuckered out.

Aunt Liz and Chris
On April 28th, the little man turned 18 monthes and went to his first day of nursery!

He was a tired boy that day.

He had a wonderful first day, but according to a friend there is a 2 week
"Honeymoon Period," which has since proven to be accurate.
MAY
Nicole, Claire, and Grandpa came to visit on May 7th to take care of William for the week as Ally went back to finish up her last 6 weeks of residency.  One day Elliott decided to send pictures of himself to his Daddy all day because he knew that Daddy was missing him.
 First, I woke up, changed my clothes and brushed my teeth.
Then I ate my breakfast.

Then I played with Claire and William
Took a nap, watched my favorite movie Fantasia

And ate a peanut butter and honey sandwhich with pears for lunch.

Unloaded the dishwasher. 

Went to Sprouts (I like to steal things before they get to the cashier).

 Then, finally, Claire and William woke up from their naps, and we went swimming.

That week we also went to Bolsa Chica where Elliott went running for the ocean...


We also wento to the Pretend City Children's Museum where he explored one car after another


and was mesmerized by the lights in the theater.

Meanwhile Claire dressed up and made lunch in the "small" kitchen,


Grandpa lounged on the beach,


and William lounged in the Moby.

Friday we headed to Seal Beach 




where Claire got her first surf lesson




It was a very fun week!

Then we flew to Santa Rosa with Grandpa to spent a week there, and drove back home the next weekend for Baby William's Blessing.


Monday, May 21st, we had our big ultra sound.  The ultrasound tech new in seconds that it's a boy!! Although he wasnt afraid to give us a good look at his gender, he apparently is a little camera shy because he had his face covered the entire time.

1 comment:

  1. Elliot is such a handsome boy! I can't wait to see his sequel.

    ReplyDelete